27th December Fireworks are Going Green this NYE!
How to have a greener New Year’s Eve this holiday season.
New Year’s Eve is a fresh start for everyone, where you celebrate the end of one year and the start of the next one with friends and family.
It is also a time where you can make a list of resolutions but only keep to some of them (the ones which are the most important to you).
While celebrating, here are a few tips you can read through and potentially implement into your New Year’s Eve celebrations.
1. GREEN FIREWORKS. Eco-friendly fireworks do exist. They are hard to find and a bit more expensive than the average firework, but they lessen the negative impact you have on the environment. Energy company Ecotricitysay that white coloured fireworks contain fewer harmful chemicals than other more colourful versions. Ironically green coloured fireworks are the worst for the environment as Barium is used to create the colour green.
2. New Years Resolutions. Make a few resolutions that mean a lot to you and that you think will be achievable. It may be personal, work related or just trying to live a more sustainable lifestyle.
3. Host your own event instead of having to travel into the city centre or to somewhere else that is a bit trickier to get to. Put your ”hostess with the mostess” hat on and organise something your friends, family and neighbours can go too without having to travel far.
4. Send online invitations, they are faster and also cut down on paper invites.
5. Send your guests home with a little goodie bag/leftovers so nothing gets thrown away. Or look at apps like Olio to get rid of food you don’t need.
Happy New Year! Don’t just swap it, Dopplle it.