Secondhand September started in 2019 by the charity Oxfam, but in the two years since it began it has become so much more. The month has become a well known time to start to explore the world of pre-loved clothes. Our attitude towards fast fashion is changing and it’s time to explore the alternatives! Make the most of this month and consciously explore the local charity shops and see what they have.
How can you make the most of Secondhand September?
- Find those clothes that have been hiding at the back of your wardrobe and try them on – work them into a new fit and bring new life to it. The most sustainable outfit is the one already in your wardrobe.
- Donate your pre-loved clothes to Dopplle or your local charity shop to give them a new life with someone else.
- Browse through a secondhand clothing app or charity shop and see if there is anything you want to add to your wardrobe.
- Talk to your friends and give each other your old clothes that you dont wear anymore. It’s a fun activity to do and also it is rewarding to see your friend rock your dress on a night out instead of it lying forgotten in a drawer.
- Educate yourself around sustainable and slow fashion compared to fast fashion. Learn why it is important to shop consciously!
But most of all, have fun! Try a new fit and experiment with your style.
Be sustainable, be fashionable, be Dopplle.